Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Sunday, July 03, 2005

What Family Means...

OK, so recently I traveled to my home state, Indiana, where I was privileged to attend my uncle's wedding. During this trip I was able to see, for the first time in over a decade, family I had lost touch with. I am blessed to know that this uncle is now following the LORD, and that his new marriage is one that will truly honour Christ. I am also blessed to have a new connection with relatives that I did not have in previous years. I am still figuring out just what all these new interactions mean, and what God would do with all of it.

Wherever you are today, please remember that though God has placed us in biological families, sometimes we are to far distanced from them to have the kind of relationships with them that God desires for families to have. For those who are without biological family to lean on, know that God has brought you into His family if you have chosen to trust Christ to make you whole and forgive your sins. He has offered us the only way of salvation, whereby we can be reconciled to God and brought back into a union with Him, to walk with Him in a real relationship, and to see Him face to face.

How beautiful was the day I got to see the face of family while I was away from what is now my home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home