Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Friday, July 29, 2005

Rejoice and Sing

Proverb 29:6 "In the transgression of an evil man there is a snare: but the righteous doth sing and rejoice."

How blessed is this verse?! I delight to know that because God has released me from the bondage of sin, I can rejoice and sing. I am free from the weight I used to carry, and now I can move freely to worship the LORD!

As I prepare to go backpacking next week, I am amazed at the thought that I will be carrying something with me at all times and adding more weight to my life. I will not be able to move freely as I do today. In Pilgrim's Progress, the main character is carrying a pack as well, and he has no power to remove it himself. He needs the mediator to remove it for him, and receiving this ministry, he is free from the bondage that he used to carry with him through all of life. I am sure when I'm done with my pack for the week, I will have the same feeling of relief, though this weight will not be a sad burden. I will enjoy the delight of this adventure, but I am sure my back will love me when it's over.

So, all this is to say that I am so glad the Redeemer has set me free, and today I can freely and jubilantly rejoice in Him. Take a moment to praise Him for the freedom of movement, and maybe even jump for joy just once as you think of His grace today. Thank Him for taking away the burden that you and I rightly deserve to carry ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home