Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Monday, August 01, 2005

Anticipation

This is to be the first of two posts today, as this one is more about my reading yesterday, and I had to put some thought into if I was actually going to post this or not.

So, here goes. Yesterday I awoke with an excitement and anticipation about the day. Though there were many things I could be excited about happening during the day, I was more excited for my reading time with God. You see, I am in the habit of reading one chapter from Proverbs each day, and yesterday was July 31st, the day I would read from the 31st chapter. I had not read this the previous month as it had only 30 days, and I was still working on building this routine and not yet ready to push myself to more than one chapter. I was still wanting to read Proverbs 31, however, and I was so excited to read in the morning. I even awoke with a deep desire to do nothing but worship the LORD!

Proverbs, chapter 31 and beginning with verse 10 deals with the kind of character and life a virtuous woman has. A wife of valour is one who is to be sought out and cherished, for she is honour to her husband, and provision and blessing to her children. As in a previous post, I will say here, I desire to be that woman. And again, I will assert that there is instruction here for men as to what to look for. Please don't misunderstand me. I am not saying that any man who is reading this should be seeking me out. I am only saying that I seek for God to make me into the woman for which a Godly man will search. My character is built on what I believe God would have me be, and I will rest knowing that He will plan out my steps. I enjoy reading passages of Scripture that challenge me and make me grow. This is one of my favourites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home