Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Delays, and God's Grace

OK, so this week has been one that has caused a bit of anxiety for, but only when I think of the less-than-desirable parts of the week. I was supposed to be 3-5hrs into my drive to Indiana by now, but Stella, my trusty, reliable car, has had a few problems. First was the simple oil change and check over to make sure she was ready for the road, including a look at the brakes as they were vibrating. This was Monday.

Tuesday she had her front brakes replaced, as the back ones were new already having been replaced recently. When she was up in the air, she spring a leak, and it was traced to a gasket in the radiator. I was advised not to take her on the road, but had the option to decide for myself.

I drove up to Wellington and back, and as I was pulling into my parking lot, the check coolant light came on. That was less than 30miles! Now she's in the shop again, and I won't be on the road until that's fixed.

So, what have I been praising God for in the midst of it all? First of all that this leak occurred before I left, not when I was already 2-3hrs from home! I liken this to having a baby who poops in his or her diaper just before leaving the house. It's a delay, and bothersome for the parent to have to drop everything to turn around and unpack the diaper bag again. This, however, is much better than having left on a four-hour trip, to have the child poop just minutes after leaving home! I am thankful that my eleven-year-old car has her problems when and where they can be taken care of!

Then, as yesterday and today I've walked home from the shop, my walks have been filled with beauty. There is a tree that has beautiful blossoms on it, and I've been able to gather a few from the ground and bring them home to enjoy. Then there's the issue of the pelican that visits Spring Creek. Yesterday it was not out when I passed, and I as a bit saddened by that fact. Today, however, it was out and fishing quite elegantly. Had I left this morning before dawn, I would have missed this gift. I am thankful that God did not allow me to leave when I wanted to, and that He cares enough to watch over me. Who knows what else I avoided because of my delay.

Now, to finish packing, shower, and await a call from the shop to tell me Stella is ready to go. They know I'm heading out on a long trip, and they're taking good care of me as well. I'm thankful that God is looking after me each step of the way, and of course, that Mario is still in the wrong castle. Someday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home