Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Interrupted

In Acts 18 I read today about Paul and companions being led before men who could sentence them, and their accusers being told that they had done nothing wrong that the government could punish them for. This was just before Paul was about to speak up, but was interrupted.

Have you ever been in a situation when you are about to say something and all of a sudden, someone else pipes in and says something on your behalf? I know there have been times when I really had no clue what I was going to say in my defense, but I was going to give it my best shot, and then someone else said something that totally took the heat off me and affirmed me. God has a way of stepping in and making things "safe" for those who are drawing from His power. This does not mean that we are free from all harm, as you will see if you read the rest of the chapter and the accusers sought to beat them, but it does mean that God will validate us when we are in His plans.

Just a short thought for the day, and the encouragement I have from it is to hold my tongue and let others speak up. You will be surprised at what you might learn about yourself when you let others tell you who they see in you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home