Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

House-Sitting

OK, so this is a poem written over a week ago, and probably needs some editing, but I thought I should include it as it does no good to let it sit in the copmuter file collecting the proverbial dust...



House Sitting
Clouds roll in like billows of smoke
Telling tale of the last place they smote.
I go to check the skies.
The dark blue billows have rolled south of the house,
And a heavy haze lays between us and the sun.
Hey stop, the dark clouds stop,
Just south of the house.

For reasons differing, we two venture out,
I to see the sky, he to business in the yard
I look and see, the skyscape split;
Business done, the beast and I hear it,
The sound of large drops pounding our way.
We head inside, and not too soon,
For half way there we see across the way—
Lightning as second prior to its thunderous roar.

Once inside we meet the calm, and then…
All power gone while thunder rolls.
Wind escalating, a storm surrounds.

Have I fear?
No, for I am much more enthralled—
In the beauty that I see, the glory of God’s might.
The destruction this storm has strength to bring
Only God could give.

Candles lit and storm gone by
I sit and watch the sky.
My mind fills with thoughts of the majesty of God.
Why does He choose to fill the skies with His splendour?
Why does He open our eyes to behold it?
Why is it so hard for me to grasp that He has placed
the very same beauty and splendour, captivation in my life?
When He beholds what He’s created in me
He sees what I only wish I’ll one day know,
That with the same captivation I beheld the storm
He stands back and looks on me.

Lord please teach me to look on all you’ve created and see
The beauty You’ve placed in my heart and all over me;
Be my crowning glory, and let me be Yours!
Let all I have and all I do be for Your honour, now and forever.

9-03-05 9:10pm
S. Mildred Jessee

1 Comments:

Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Beautiful

9:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home