Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Faithful in the Little Things

This morning in Acts chapter 9 I read of the conversion experience of Saul (later renamed Paul) on the road to Damascus. Many of you reading this already know of this event and how it happened. If you are not familiar with it, please read the chapter, as I want to focus on a different perspective than we're probably familiar with today: God's calling of Ananias to minister to him.

As we know from the book of Acts and many of Paul's writings, he was a man of destruction when it came to the Christians of the first century. God called to Ananias to minister to him that he might receive his sight again. Ananias' response? Fear. Yet after God told him again to do this 'task' he went on his way obediently and Paul (Saul) was healed, filled with the Holy Spirit, and baptized. He began immediately to preach Christ.

What amazes me is the powerful ministry this man had in Paul's life and in his experience of being called as a part of God's mission, and that we usually don't think of him, nor remember his name unless we dig deep into our minds. He was a behind the scenes minister, one whose call was to lay hands on Paul and administer healing. We don't really know much more about him, only that he was obedient in the little things, and God used him in the life of someone He had called to a much more out-in-the-open ministry.

God has called me to pray for and encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ, and more particularly, my leaders. I know my ministry is to those who have been called to much more evident ministry, and yet I have so much fulfillment in doing just that. I love seeing my prayers answered, and when I cannot get someone off my mind, I know I have to pray for them. I have had expereinces when I found out the next day that that person really needed me at that moment to be in prayer for them, and I was glad to have been faithfully obedient to Christ as He calls me to prayer.

Application point today? Be faithful in the little things. You never know what ministry God has called you to, or what impact those little things will make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home