Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Integrity and Prayer

This evening upon arriving home to where I am house-sitting, I was greeted by a young man who was selling magazine subscriptions to raise money for his education. While we talked, I told him that I did not have the finances to afford any magazines at this time. He then told me that the company doesn't even look at the checks for three weeks and that during that time period I could call the number and tell them to cancel my order. I was struck with the lack of integrity in this approach, and I told him that I cannot be that dishonest. He remarked that it would not be dishonest, which strikes me even more of the decline in our society to recognize truth from lies, as well as to hold a high standard of integrity in our interactions with others.

I finished the conversation telling him that I would pray for him, that God would bless him with the people who would be able to support him. I am finding it difficult to pray for him this evening as I wrestle with the lack of integrity in this young man's sell. If you read this, please pray for me to pray as I should, and pray for this man to see the light of truth as he continues on his educational goals of business and communication. I hope that the LORD fills my heart with the words appropriate to pray for him as I ought.

May the LORD bless your evening.

5 Comments:

Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Your prayer could be for the man to find guidance in his walk, and that the Lord will bless him with someone who will guide him in the right way to earn money to pay for his education.

by the way, nice blog, you have some great insights. I am going to link you from mine if you don't mind. Here's my link

6:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello nice blog site! Added it to my bookmarks for future reference.

I have a online poker room

site/blog. It pretty much covers online poker room related stuff.

Come check mine out if you get time.

6:57 PM

 
Blogger Mildred said...

Swimming Sammy, you are more than welcome to link me on your blog. Thanks for the thoughtful comments. It is encouraging to know someone actually reads this.

8:01 PM

 
Blogger Mildred said...

Oops, I meant Swinging Sammy...Sorry dude.

8:06 PM

 
Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

lol

3:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home