Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Inherited Legacy

This morning I read from Proverbs 3, and the final verse in how we have it split up says that the wise will inherit glory, but that the legacy of fools is shame.

For most of my Christian life I have had it in my mind and heart that I want to leave a legacy of Christ and His love. I had never connected this with an inheritance. In this verse there seems to be a connection. Often we are remiss to think of the promises or blessings of God for those who follow His word. Here we see that there is an inheritance to be gained from living with wisdom.

I am in Colorado right now, and the beauty, majesty, and glory of God's creation is often seen here in the mountains. I have yet to get a close up look, or even a good view from afar, but I will before I leave! How awesome to think of that beauty and glory being my inheritance. (side note: while on vacation, though I will try, I might not be able to post daily as I have for the past few weeks.)

So, now, not only do I desire to leave a legacy of Christ behind me should I leave this earth before Christ returns, but I worship God for His glory of which, as His daughter, I will one day be a partaker. He is worthy of all my praise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home