Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Strength or Destruction

OK, so first I must apologize to those who may not be reading this on the day it is posted as it is quite late when I'm actually doing it. Please pray for me to find strength in my times with the Father before beginning my hectic days. I just arrived home from vacation last night, and today it was like the entire city of Rochester knew I was home. Other than Bible Study with our women's group this evening, this is the first time I've been able to just sit down all day.

So, here I begin. Proverbs 10:29 "The way of the Lord is strength to the upright; but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity."

As I have gone through my day today I have thought of the ways in which the Lord has been at work in the lives of those around me. I am delighted to see that this verse says that the way of the Lord is my strength. I am entering back into what could easily be strength-draining as I return from vacation, and I am encouraged to derive my strength from God and His way. I am also blessed to know that my path is not to be filled with destruction, but strength.

As an application, remember that God is your strength if you have chosen to follow Him, and therefore you can rest in Him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

There is a prayer that says "empty me of me, Lord, and fill me with Your Spirit."

Great thoughts today!

6:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home