Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Monday, August 15, 2005

Faithfulness in Routine

I have started this post thinking that it would be different in form from other posts as I write from my prayer time instead on my reading time, but there is a verse there that is applicable as well. I will get to that in a moment.

This morning I woke up at 7am. Now those of you who know me well know that this is a typical time for me to wake up without an alarm. Even while I was in Colorado, I still woke up at 7am, CST, which made it 6am there. As I have been traveling, my routine has been a little haywire, but this morning I felt as if the routine is back. I usually thank God for waking me up when He did, but this morning it took on a stronger thanks.

You see, it is by no work of my own that I naturally wake up at this time. God has worked into my clock to do this, and I thank Him for His faithfulness in waking me up at the same time every day. I am also praying that as the school year begins and I have to be at work by 7am most days, that He will reset my clock so I can focus my day before it starts.

In Hebrews 13 we are told that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is unchanging. He also promised never to leave us or forsake us. He is faithful. Read this chapter today if you take the time. Notice the immediate context arond these phrases. I never noticed that the second is set in the context of being content with what we have. Our place in life is by the hand of God and His faithfulness to remain the same. Let's praise God today for His faithfulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home