Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Saturday, April 08, 2006

I THOUGHT THE BATTLE WAS OVER

This is a poem written while in Louisiana with a group of singles from our church:

I thought the battle was over
I thought the victory was won
But just as soon as I turned my back
An arrow pierced my heart

You see, there's no armor on the rear
Nothing to protect me there
Though the battle seemed over, the enemy defeated,
He rose once again to strike

I lay for a while in the trench,
Not able to lift my armor,
But then a fellow soldier came along
And she lifted me out of the mire

Now we are walking to the healer,
The LORD, mighty in battle,
He picks me up, and with a simple touch,
He heals my wounded heart

There's a scar left over,
And it's one only few will ever see,
But now I know I need to expose it
To more light to continue to heal.

LORD, heal me.
Bring this pain and struggle to my mind
At times when I think I'd like to hide it most,
Remind me to let it heal.

4-01-06
S. Mildred Jessee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home