Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Thursday, October 06, 2005

A Time of Purification

Over the past week I've read the book of Esther, and I'll have at least one more post on this book, but today I want to talk about Esther chapter two.

The king of the land where Esther and Mordecai were living had banished Queen Vashti, and was now looking for a new wife and Queen. Enter Esther, whose cousin Mordecai had decided to send her with the other fair maidens of the land into the chambers for a year of purification. He had warned her not to speak of being a Jew so as to guard her and have her judged on level ground with all the other ladies.

After a whole year of myrhh and oils, and other purification items, Esther was ready to be presented to the king, who chose her above all the other maidens of the land. Some of you know the rest of the story, and that will be saved for later posts, but for now, I marvel at the time it took to prepare her for her ministry as Queen.

As I read this, and pondered what God would be saying to me, I was astounded to quickly figure out that I have entered into what could be that "year of purification." Esther had all her life been a Jew, and I'm sure taught how to live in just that way, but when it came down to it, God put the finishing touches on in a year before calling her forward. Now I don't know for certain that after this year I will be called forward into some drastic role such as Queen or anything, but I do know that for the past few months God has been starting something in me that I had no clue where it would lead. He has increased my boldness and confidence in trusting His work in my life, and some of you know, also called me to a new career path.

This weekend I was again in Colorado, and was privileged to once again have a clear place to think and listen to God's voice. It was here that I read Esther 2, and here that God confirmed for me that I should follow the dream He has placed in my heart.

My encouragement for you today is to examine what God has done in your life, praise Him for His work and presence, and seek to know what that next step should be. Who knows, but that God may have this time marked out as your purification time to prepare you for the ministry He is simultaneously preparing for you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

It is truly wonderful when you can see beforehand the work God has started in you! My prayers are with you as you continue the work He has started in you.

7:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home