Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Worth Pursuing

This weekend I had a conversation with a good friend at church who posed a question to me that I had trouble answering, not because there isn't an answer to the question, but because I have a hard time believing the truth of the answer. We were talking about relationships, and he framed it from the guy's perspective in looking for ways that we each fulfill each others' needs. Though not directly in these words, the question was, essentially, what do I have to offer.

The more I think about this question, the more that I come up with my own frailty in considering that I have anything at all to offer. Lately an old wound has come up, and the devastation of said wound has marred my image of who I am. I have trouble voicing the things I have to offer because I don't believe they are worth anything I have to constantly learn to listen to the truth that friends offer up that I am of value, that I have lots to offer. One friend says this to me on an almost daily basis, and I know that I need her to continue to speak this truth, and to remind me that God has a plan.

Slowly, I am believing this truth more, but again the lies come in. The lies: I have very little to offer; I'm so broken that those things I do have to offer are overshadowed by my neediness; if I start to believe I am worthwhile, I will become arrogant and no one likes arrogance. THESE ARE LIES!!!

Today, i choose to take a stand against the lies. I chose to believe, today, that God has created me with purpose, value, and that makes me worth pursuing! I know that the battle is not over, and therefore I choose, this day, that I am going to do my best to walk in the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home