Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Saturday, August 03, 2013

Conclusion of First Chronicles

I have been listening to First Chronicles for the past couple days, and as this book draws to a close, here is what God shared with me concerning the work He has set before each of us.

David passes his reign of Israel on to Solomon with instructions to build the house of God, since God had told him (David) that not he, but Solomon, would build it. (1 Chronicles 28:6 " And he said unto me, Solomon thy son, he shall build my house and my courts: for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father.")

I love how David not only passes along the instructions TO build, but HOW TO build the house of God. AND he had the materials necessary for such building and gave them to Solomon as well! Even in knowing he was not to be the one to build, he stored up what was necessary so that his successor could do so.

I wonder if there are things in all of our lives that God has asked us to prepare in advance for someone else to bring to completion. I know there have been many times when God has given me the starts of something, or placed me into something, not to bring it to completion, but to set the stage for someone else to complete it.

Until now, I've wrestled with my lack of bringing things to completion, but God has used me as a catalyst for His purposes in the lives of others, and I have been grateful to participate! In this I will rejoice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home