Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Single...FOR REAL!!! additional information

For those of you who have read the previous post, I forgot to say a few things. First off, I am not saying that interest in someone is a wrong thing, just that we need to make sure our frame of reference is on enjoying where God has put us for this season. I cannot say that I no longer like this fellow, but I am taking a proactive stance to enjoy being single right now because that is the gift God has given me.

Second, this takes action steps. Since he's been back I've made a decision that I will no longer initiate contact, whether by email, in person, or on the phone. This means that I am going to be a lady in waiting, not in the sense of waiting by said phone or computer, but waiting for God's leading and not stepping forward to "make the move." It's not easy, but when we find ourselves wanting to do something we have already committed to not do, what makes it easier is to find something else more fulfilling to do that brings honor to God. I have been encouraged to find strong sisters in Christ to build relationships with, and that helps in times when I need to hang out with someone, anyone...you know what I mean.

OK, so those are my thoughts for today. Hope your day is blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home