Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Monday, July 17, 2006

Vivid Imaginations

Have you ever wondered why women make such a big deal out of such small things? Well, being a woman, I sometimes wonder myself. I know good and well that some of the things I make such a big deal about are simply not that big, but for some reason my mind still blows them out of porportion. Last night I had a wonderful conversation with a good friend who shared some details of the past week with me. This morning as I thought about some of them, I had to laugh at myself. How many times have I thought the exact same thing about the exact same "signals" and not thought about the possibility that they are not signals at all? Oh, boy!

So, I have decided that the problem lies in the fact that women have grand imaginations, and though when we come to our senses and think about them being imaginations, we can act quite rationally. However, we like our imaginations much better than life as it is at times, and we'd rather live in those imaginations while they're still fun. I know I do. If there are any women out there who would agree with me on this, I'd love to hear from you.

Oh, and let's let the guys know...you may not mean anything by what you do, but we read into it a lot. I have fun reading into things, especially when there's a good friend on the other end of the conversation who can bring me back to reality every now and then. I have one friend who's particularly good at this, and I appreciate him grately. You know who you are, if you're reading this.

OK, so this has mostly been a fun post, and mostly brought out of a laughter filled conversation that will brighten my week all around. I hope it's brightened yours as well. And for my guy dilemma...well, let's just say I'm still having fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home