Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Sunday, June 02, 2019

Sunday Morning Musings, June 2

This morning at church, I was blessed to once again be surrounded by amazing people, people who have been called into the family of God through Christ! What an amazing family to be part of!  As we continue to focus on laying the foundation for what we believe through studying different parts of our doctrine each week, this week we were reminded of how the Gospel transforms every part of our lives.

During our gathering this morning, God spoke to my heart in a number of ways, drawing me closer to His heart and deepening my love for Him.

1) He gave us the gifts of music and dancing. I've thought about how these are tools we use for worship, but this morning it HIT me! We are created in God's image, and what He requires of us in worship is not foreign to Him. He created it, and made it good! It is meant to declare His glory! This made my singing (and some dancing) even more joyous this morning. This is not just something that we give to Him. This is something we reflect back to Him!
 
This is HUGE!  Singing and making music before the Lord is not an exercise we do because God delights in something that we create on our own.  He created it Himself, for His Glory, and we have the privilege to offer it back to Him in praise!  What a picture, and what a delight, to be singing and dancing WITH God!
 
2) A couple at church surrounded my experience of the gathering time with hugs.  At the greeting time (which some of us introverts don't always like), the wife gave me a hug.  Then she told me that I give the best hugs.  (What she doesn't know is that hugs are something I have felt recently are  lacking in my life.  Physical affection isn't something that is a regular part of my life as a single person without biological family nearby.)  After the worship gathering, her husband encircled me in a hug.  Then he remarked that he wasn't sure if he had any more free hugs coming, but if not, just to put that one on his tab.  Again, I am the one walking away feeling loved and surrounded.

3) An interaction that will lack detail for now reminded me that I am wanted and pursued, desired even!  This was not in a romantic way (some of you might be trying to figure that out, and you would be misdirected this time), but in comparison to others who might be sought for a particular thing, I was the one chosen for this!

4) I learned that an acquaintance/friend is a self-proclaimed extreme introvert.  This makes me feel even more treasured, as he initiated conversation with me this morning, and he honestly listens when he asks how I am.  To know that he will hold a conversation with me when he'd rather not talk to anyone, this means a LOT!  When I told him I am honored that he talks to me, he said, "You started it, so it's your fault."  We introverts know how much energy it takes to form meaningful friendships, and I am thankful for that!

5) Playfulness ensued!  There was mention of me holding a yardstick during the church birthday party yesterday, and concern about who might have been the target (no one, I was just using it to reach something that had gone over a fence).  Then there was conversation about how to keep one's self awake later at night, and a number of other things.

I am so blessed to be surrounded by these deep, loving people, and I look forward to continuing to see God at work within our midst.  I look forward to worshiping Him with all that I am.  And I look forward to knowing that He has plans for each of us, the foundation of which is a deeper love for Him because of His sacrifice for use!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home