Here's what God's been teaching Mildred Jessee...

Wednesday, January 02, 2019

There's Room to Dance


Just a few simple words: There’s room to dance. Oh, but so much meaning!!!

This morning a couple friends helped me move a new-to-me desk into my apartment. One of these friends had only been to my home once before, and it was to move another piece of furniture into my home. Today, however, I am proud to say that my home is welcoming and open, something I could not say before.

As he looked at the apartment before leaving, these words were his gift to me, and they have played on my mind all day long. They fill me with joy, hope, and longing. Joy, because though I don’t need everyone’s approval on my space, I love that I can invite people in without shame. Hope, because if someone else sees open space, and that’s the first thing they say, I know I am not alone. And longing because I someday hope to find someone who will dance with me. Oh, how my heart longs for this!

As I think of my heart, and the open spaces in my heart, I realize there is room to dance there as well. After a really long, rough season emotionally, I have been experiencing God’s healing on a number of things. And with the decluttering of my home, there is also mental and emotional space there as well, since I don’t have to try to figure out how I’m going to move around my home.

So, with the open spaces in my heart and mind, I’m going to dance. I’m going to live in the freedom of what Christ has done for, in, and through me, and I am going to embrace the dancing moments, no matter what they look like. I don’t know all the moves yet, but I know that God will teach me to dance, and it will be beautiful!

(I write this next part with trembling, fearing hope will be dashed, but hoping fear will be put to rest, and hopes will be fulfilled.) And someday when I get to dance with the God’s chosen man for me, I will take in all the beauty that emotional room is.

(I just realized that God has been clearing out my heart in this area as well this year. Hmm… I wonder what He’s doing there…)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home